Posted on January 01, 2009 by Amarjeet Singh Rai
Welcome to PS3 Planet. This website is totally dedicated to providing you with the latest PlayStation 3 related news, reviews and trophies.
PS3 Planet is best displayed on A-Grade Browsers with a minimum width of 1024 pixels. All pages are valid XHTML 1.0 Strict and are using valid CSS 2.1 stylesheets. However, the ui.theme.css stylesheet will not validate because it is using CSS 3 features specific to some browsers.
This website uses Microformats for more semantic machine-readable data items. Such as rel="bookmark" and rel="tag" on anchor tags. Also, all external links have an icon to the right side of them (). This is done dynamically by adding a class to them by jQuery.
Acessibility / Usability
PS3 Planet uses access keys on the main navigation. These make it easier for users without a mouse to navigate this website. For more information on access keys and how to use, please see this article: Access key (Wikipedia).
Access keys for PS3 Planet
- Access key 1 - Home
- Access key 2 - About
- Access key 3 - Reviews
- Access key 4 - Trophies
PS3 Planet also uses a hiden Skip to Navigation link for users of mobile devices, which cannot display the layout. This enables them to go straight to the navigation without scrolling. A Skip to Content link is not needed because the content already appears at the top, when no CSS is displayed.
Copyright, References & Bibliography
- Content for the reviews section was used with permission from GamesSpot.com on the terms that I provide a link back to the original article, and that I only use a small porportion of the article.
- Content for the news and trophies section was used with permission from PS3 Fanboy on the terms that I provide a link back to the original article, and that I only use a small porportion of the article.
- Equal Height Columns (jQuery Plug-in) - Used to make the height of all columns equal. No copyright information. Available to use freely.
- FancyBox (jQuery Plug-in) - Used for image zoom effects in the reviews section. © 2008 Janis Skarnelis. Licensed under the MIT License
- Everything You Know About CSS Is Wrong! - Helped with creating CSS 2.1 Tables.
Websites / Articles:
- PXtoEM.com - Used to convert pixels to ems.
- Browsershots - Used to see how my web pages render across different web browsers on different operating systems.
- Microformats - Microformats specifications.
- Revised Image Replacement (Mezzoblue) - Phark Method
- How to Size Text in CSS (A List Apart)